27th IraSME Call for transnational R&D Projects
from different countries supporting SMEs research and development projects, announced that 31 March 2021 is the deadline of application for 27th IraSME Call for transnational R&D projects. In this brochure, we will try to explain the details of 27th IraSME Call for Proposals.
Who is IraSME?
- IraSME - International research activities by small and medium-sized enterprises.
- IraSME is a network of ministries and funding agencies which are owners or managers of national and regional funding programmes for cooperative research projects between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and in participation of research and technology organisations (RTOs).
- IraSME is a network of funding programmes from different countries / regions that share the same goal: Supporting small businesses in their innovation efforts.
- The network is coordinated by AiF Projekt GmbH and financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
Participation in an IraSME project allows SMEs and RTOs to build new partnerships, benefit from know-how and resources that might not be available in their country or region and get an insight into foreign markets. The IraSME funding agencies support applicants in finding partners for their project ideas.
Which countries / regions may participate inthe 27th call? What are the local funding agencies?
- Alberta (Canada): German - Canadian Centre for Innovation and Research
- Austria: Österreichische Forschungs-förderungsgesellschaft (FFG)
- Brazil: EMBRAPII - Brazilian Agency for Industrial Research and Technological Innovation
- Flanders (Belgium): Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Germany: AiF Projekt GmbH (ZIM project management agency for BMWi)
- Luxembourg: Luxinnovation
- Russia: Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises (FASIE)
- Turkey: Tübitak - The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey
- Wallonia (Belgium): Service Public de Wallonie (SPW)
What does IraSME fund?
- Development of new products, processes, or technical services.
- Technical development from the first idea to a possible prototype.
- R&D with significant technical risks for each funded partner.
- Minimum constellation: 2 companies from 2 participating countries / regions.
What is an IraSME project?
Generally, IraSME projects must be research and development activities with significant technical risks to realize new or notably improve existing products, processes, or technical services. The clearly describable project outcome must show real market opportunities.
Consortia of IraSME projects are as small as possible and as large, as necessary. They consist of at least two SMEs from two different participating countries/regions with complementary technical expertise needed to realize the project aim.
Every partner in the consortium must have a distinct part in the development according to their technical expertise.
What are the conditions of funding?
Conditions, budget restrictions and funding rates vary from country to country and depend on company sizes and consortium structures amongst other criteria.
The average funding per partner is around 100 k€ but varies strongly.
What are funding criteria for Turkey?
- The participants must abide by the 1071 Programme (Support Programme for Increasing Capacity to Benefit from International Research Funds) and Participation in International R&D Cooperation rules and submit their proposals accordingly.
- The participation of RTOs is strongly recommended and preferred.
- Funding ratio: RTOs up to 100%, small and medium enterprises up to 75% and large enterprises up to 60% of total costs.
- Project budget cannot exceed 2 million Turkish Liras. Project incentive bonus and overheads are paid in addition for RTOs.
- Eligible costs include equipment, consumables, personnel costs, travel, consultancy, and service procurement.
- Projects can be funded for a duration of up to 3 years.
If you have any further questions, please contact us!